- Hawley's Opera House
- Posted Oct. 2, 2012 midnight
- These pictures relate to the local history feature story, "Recalling Hawley's Opera House" by Peter Becker. The Standard Opera House operated on Church Street between Maple and Chestnut avenues, in Hawley, PA between about 1880 and 1920. The once popular vaudeville venue was either torn down or burned in about 1940. Regretably, no photograph or drawing of the front has been found. If anyone has a picture or more information, please call Managing Editor Peter Becker at (570)226-4547 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Meeting Wed. night to explain Rt 6 widening
- Share your tornado stories
- Man accused of stealing cancer benefit money
- Pond Eddy Bridge to be replacedAfter 20 years of debate
- Memorial Weekend Parade lineup announced
- Lowest school tax hike request in four years
- Contests on Tuesday's ballot
- Kerry Welsh seeks Dingman Supervisor post
- Free parking meter contest underway
- Pike man charged with distributing child porno
- Hawley Spring Run: Redeeming a lopsided world Raising sui...
- Read more top stories