PIKE COUNTY (Pa.) STORM NOTES
Storm shelters open:
Overnight shelters are available October 31st at:
• Dingmans Fire Dept.,680 Log Tavern Rd., Dingman Twp.
• Bushkill Fire Dept. 124 Evergreen Rd., Lehman Twp.
• Masthope, 196 Karl Hope Blvd., Lackawaxen (Masthope residents only)
• East Stroudsburg University
• Pocono Mountain West High School, Pocono Summit
"Refreshing Stations" are open as follows for teh evening of October 31st:
• Blooming Grove Fire Department, 484 Route 739 Lords Valley (north of I-84), 12 to 9 p.m.
Water avaiable at no charge:
• Ice and water for personal use for people who lots power is being supplied by PPL. Supplies are available at Dutch’s Market, Rt. 507 Greentown; Weis Market, Rt. 739 Lords Valley and Joe’s Kwik Mart, Rt. 6/84 (near Milford).
• Milford Water Authority is providing water at Shell Gas Station, 717 Broad St., Milford (bring your own container).
• Two members of the National Guard have been stationed at the EOC. They arranged for 15 pallets of drinking water for Delaware Twp. Municipal Bldg. Water is available for other locations as the needs arise.
• Pike County Light & Power is providing dry ice to their customers at 105 Schneider Lane off of Rt 6 & 209 near Luhrs Ace Hardware at 7:00 p.m., Octt. 31
• Matamoras is holding Halloween from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.., Wed., Oct. 31.
• Milford has cancelled Halloween this evening (Oct. 31) due to the hurricane emergency.
County offices, Court:
All Pike County Offices and Courts will be opened Thursday November 1, 2012.