For travelers planning family trips this year, TripAdvisor on March 5 announced its 2013 Travelers’ Choice Awards for Hotels for Families, and Woodloch Pines Resort near Hawley is #2 in the U.S.
Recognizing 231 family-friendly properties in 26 regions and countries across the globe, award winners were determined based on the hotels most highly rated by those who traveled with family.
The top 10 U.S. hotels for families are as follows:
1. Floridays Resort, Orlando, Florida
2. Woodloch Pines Resort, Hawley, Pennsylvania
3. WorldQuest Orlando Resort, Orlando, Florida
4. West Inn and Suites Carlsbad, Carlsbad, California
5. Red Jacket Mountain View Resort, North Conway, New Hampshire
6. Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Orlando, Florida
7. Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Orlando, Florida
8. Village at Indian Point, Branson, Missouri
9. Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, Orlando, Florida
10. Marriott’s Harbour Lake, Orlando, Florida.
TripAdvisor® is the world’s largest travel site.
Award winners were determined based on the hotels most highly rated by those who traveled with family. Unlike any other hotel honors, TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice winners are based on millions of valuable reviews and opinions collected in a single year from travelers around the world.
"For those planning family trips this year, these lists highlight hotels around the world that family travelers love most," said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. "Wherever you’re thinking of traveling, the lists provide inspiration for places to stay in popular family spots as well as lesser-known but similarly appealing family-friendly destinations."
Founded in 1958 by the Kiesendahl family, Woodloch Pines Resort along with their destination spa and golf amenity at Woodloch Springs, has garnered numerous national and state awards. For more information, call (570)685-8000 or visit online at www.woodloch.com. The resort is located at 731 Welcome Lake Road, off Route 590, Lackawaxen Township.
They are the largest employer in Wayne and Pike counties. Woodloch employs up to 450 fulltime and 400 part-time and seasonal employees. Twenty percent of the staff has more than ten-years of service at Woodloch.