Natural Wonders is a unique program for children ages 3-5 and their guardians that offers discovery-based learning with themes that change with each season.
Classes will be conducted indoors and outdoors. Please dress children appropriately for weather conditions.
The cost is $40 for the six class series. Registration is limited and pre-payment is required.
Topics are subject to change depending on weather. Refunds will only be given if notified one week prior to start of series.
• March 28: The Tiny Seed: 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Children will discover how seeds travel and what they need to grow. Each child will plant a seed to take home.
• April 11: Spring Winds: 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Participants will discover the ways people, plants and animals use wind to survive. Make a wind painting to take home.
• April 25: Nature's Sensations: 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. See, feel, smell and listen to nature as we take a sensory walk around the estate.
• May 9: Forest Floor: 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Using bug boxes, children will explore the forest floor to find critters under logs, stones and leaf litter.
• May 23: Garden Fun: 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Children will learn where their food comes from and how to grow their own vegetables by helping plant seedlings in the LCEI Learning Garden.
• June 6: Beautiful Butterflies: 1 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Children will learn about the life cycle of butterflies and then hike to the field to try to find these fascinating creatures.