These graduation announcements were from the fall 2012 or winter 2013.
Northampton announces graduates
BETHLEHEM - Northampton Community College held a commencement ceremony on January 26 for over 900 students who completed associates degrees, specialized diplomas and certificates during the past six months. The graduates majored in close to 100 different fields ranging from fine art to biotechnology.
Those from Wayne and Pike counties are (AA– Associate in Arts; AS – Associate in Science; AAS – Associate in Applied Science; CERT – Certificate; SD– Specialized Diploma):
• Beach Lake: Brady Neenan, SD
• Bushkill: Sabrina Granados, AA; Tameika Hines, AAS; Novalene Ijemine, CERT; Alex Medina, AAS; Alexander Meyer, AAS; Navy Srey, AAS; Sabrina Torres, SD; Tiffany Torres, AAS; Taria Young, AAS
• Dingmans Ferry: Jennifer Baron, AA; Barbara Nylund, AA
• Greeley: Kristen Orellana Anton, CERT
• Greentown: Barbara De Simone, SD
• Hawley: Nolan Mattson, AA
• Matamoras: Hannah McDonough, AAS; Hannah McDonough, SD
• Milford: Christine Aiello, AAS; Christine Aiello, SD; Sherelyn Lewis, SD; Jonathan Lovley, AA; Elizabeth Nathan, SD; Samantha Paz, AAS; Kelly Rogers, AAS; James Tuohy, SD
• Shohola: Bradford, Heaton, AAS
Bloomsburg U. graduates listed
BLOOMSBURG – Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania has recently released its list of Fall 2012 graduates. Among the candidates for bachelor’s and master’s degrees, were the following from Pike and Wayne counties:
• Jack D. Donson, Dingmans Ferry, BSBA Business Admin/Management
• Amanda L. Fowler, Milford, BA Mathematics
• Kelly L. Assensa, The Hideout, Lake Ariel, BSED N-K-3/Elem Ed/Exceptional Child
• Justin J. Enslin, Beach Lake, BS Computer Science
• Stefanie D. Hendel, Lakeville, BSBA Bus Admin/Management
• Ryan M. Kelly, Beach Lake, BSBA Bus Adm Mgt Info Systems
• Dustin D. Liptak, Bethany, BSED Sec Ed Citizenship & History.
Graduates at Wilkes university
WILKES BARRE - Wilkes University congratulates more than 250 students who completed their degrees, graduating in December 2012. Graduates from Wayne or Pike counties, with their degrees, were:
• Anthony Bergmann, of Matamoras, Bachelor of Arts degree in History
• Joshua Burney, of Lake Ariel, Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology
• Jessica Sanders, of Hawley, Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education
• Richard Emiliani, of Gouldsboro, Master of Bus.Admin. degree in Business Administration
• Paul Gregorski, of Lake Ariel, Master of Science degree in Education
• Gary MacMahon, of East Stroudsburg, Master of Science degree in Education
• Amanda Mousley, of Waymart, Master of Science degree in Education
• Alisha Thompson, of Honesdale, Master of Science degree in Education
• Michael Tillger, of Tafton, Master of Science degree in Education.
Karl Sorochinski earns degree
HACKETTSTOWN, NJ - Centenary College held its 138th January Commencement on January 12, 2013 at the John M. Reeves Student Recreation Center. The keynote speaker, was Wolfgang Gstattenbauer '84, Centenary College Trustee. Among the graduates was Karl Sorochinski from Dingman's Ferry who graduated with a Associate in Arts degree.
Page 2 of 2 - Amy Filep graduates at SUNY
MIDDLETOWN, N.Y. - Dr. William Richards, president of SUNY Orange, has announced that the College awarded associate’s degrees and academic certificates to 165 students who completed their courses of study during the recently concluded Fall semester. Among them was Amy Filep, of Milford.
Alyssa Tomaskovic earns degree
WILLIAMSPORT - Alyssa Tomaskovic of Milford is a January graduate of Lycoming College. Tomaskovic graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology. Lycoming College is a four-year residential liberal arts and sciences school dedicated to the undergraduate education of 1,400 students.
Alex Kasper graduates from college
MENOMONIE, WIS. - Alex Glynn Kasper of Lake Ariel graduated from University of Wisconsin-Stout in December, with a MSED in School Psychology.
Prompton resident earns degree
CLARION, PA - Sasha Gallant of Prompton received a MSLS degree in Library Science MSL during commencement ceremonies Dec. 15 at Clarion University.
Mahon receives doctorate
PITTSBURGH- Brenda Lee Mahon of Milford graduated from Chatham University in Pittsburgh, Pa., on December 16, during the Commencement Ceremony held at the University's Athletic and Fitness Center. Mahon graduated with a Doctor of Occupational Therapy .
Ithaca College graduates
ITHACA, NY - Two students from the region graduated from Ithaca College in December.
Kurt Merrill, son of Everett Merrill and Yvonne Merrill of Milford, graduated with a major in Drama from the Ithaca College's School of Humanities and Sciences.Richard Aponte, son of and Betty Aponte of Bushkill, graduated with a major in Health Ed. and Physical Ed. from the college's School of Health Sciences and Human Performance.
Merrill and Aponte were among 166 students from Ithaca College who received degrees during the College's commencement ceremony held in December 2012.
[Editor's note: News items about your college experience or that of your loved ones may be sent to The News Eagle at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail. Photos are welcome. There is no charge to publish these items.]