The Wayne County Food Pantry Program announces the June 2013 schedule.
• The Honesdale Area Pantry will be held behind the Tri County Beverage Building on Route 6, 214 Willow Avenue in Honesdale from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., on Tuesday June 11, 2013. For an emergency need contact a social services agency.
• The Damascus Area Pantry will be held at the Damascus Township Building from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., on Thursday June 20. For an emergency need call 224-4217 or 224-4189.
• The Lakewood Area Pantry will be held at the Northern Wayne Family Health Center from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., on Wednesday June 19. For an emergency need call 798 - 2859; 798 - 2229.
• The Lakeville Area Pantry will be held at the Paupack Township Municipal Building from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., on Thursday June 27. For an emergency need call 352- 6177 or 226 – 6347 or 226-3115.
• The Newfoundland Area Pantry will be held at the St. Anthony’s Roman Catholic Church on Route 191 from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. on Friday June 14. For an emergency need call 676 - 3482 or 676 - 3381.
In case of inclement weather, please call 253-4646 on your distribution day for an automated message. For information about how to register with a pantry, you should call 253 - 4262. Please bring large brown paper bags and plastic bags with you each month to recycle. Bring Campbell’s labels to distribute to schools. If you are unable to attend, you may ask someone to pick your food up for you. However, they must have your pantry card and a proxy giving them permission to pick up your food.