Volunteers at the Joel Hill Civil War Era, Water-Powered Sawmill will give sawing demonstrations and sawmill tours on Saturday and Sunday, August 10 & 11, from 11:00 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A great educational and entertainment opportunity for the whole family, the sawmill is operated five times a year: the second week-ends of July and August, and the 1st Saturday in October.
The mill has been in operation almost continually since the 1870's, and is presently operated in very much the same manner as it was in early days.
Located on Duck Harbor Rd. in Lookout, (part of Equinunk,) signs on Rte. 191 direct visitors down Creek Rd. to the easily-reached sawmill. The mill is under the operation of the Equinunk Historical Society. The Calder Museum and Calder Corner Gift Shop in the center of Equinunk open at noon both days. Call 570-224-6722 for information and directions.