|
|
News Eagle - Hawley, PA
  • Heater brings fire trucks to Ledges

  • A malfunctioning heating unit on the roof of Ledges Hotel, Hawley, caused a smoky condition in one of the suites, Friday Sept. 13.
    • email print
  • A malfunctioning heating unit on the roof of Ledges Hotel, Hawley, caused a smoky condition in one of the suites, Friday Sept. 13. Hawley Fire Department, with aid from Forest Volunteer and White Mills Fire Departments and Hawley Ambulance, were called out at about 5:30 p.m. Hawley Chief Scott Mead said that using Forest's ladder truck, firemen checked the roof units and found no fire. Once the unit was switched off the smoke dissipated. Fire Police met hotel guests on their way in. Owner Grant Genzlinger said that a smoke alarm was triggered but there was no fire. The heating/AC company was notified to service the system. The Ledges Hotel, at left, was built in 1890 for a cut glass factory. The 1880 Hawley Silk Mill is up above.
      • calendar