WAYNE COUNTY- The Wayne County Food Pantry Program has announced the December 2013 schedule.
• The Honesdale Area Pantry will be held behind the Tri County Beverage Building on Route 6, 214 Willow Avenue in Honesdale from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., on Tuesday December 10. For an emergency need contact a social services agency.
• The Damascus Area Pantry will be held at the Damascus Township Building from 1p.m. – 3 p.m., on Thursday December 19. For an emergency need call 570-224-4217 or 570-224-4189.
• The Lakewood Area Pantry will be held at the Northern Wayne Family Health Center from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., on Wednesday December 18. For an emergency need call 570-798 – 2859; 570-798 – 2229.
• The Lakeville Area Pantry will be held at the Paupack Township Municipal Building from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., on Thursday December 19. For an emergency need call 570-352- 6177 or 570-226-3115.
• The Newfoundland Area Pantry will be held at the Newfoundland Moravian Church on Route 191 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. on Friday December 13. For an emergency need call 570-676 – 3482 or 570-676 – 3381.
In case of inclement weather, please call 570-253-4646 on your distribution day for an automated message. For information about how to register with a pantry, you should call 570-253 – 4262. Please bring large brown paper bags and plastic bags with you each month to recycle. Bring Campbells labels to distribute to schools. If you are unable to attend, you may ask someone to pick your food up for you. However, they must have your pantry card and a proxy giving them permission to pick up your food.