|
|
News Eagle - Hawley, PA
  • Chimney fire extinguished

  • Hawley Fire Department was dispatched Monday morning, March 17, to a chimney fire at the John Carachilo residence at the intersection of Owego Turnpike and Manley Road.
    • email print
  •   Hawley Fire Department was dispatched Monday morning, March 17, to a chimney fire at the John Carachilo residence at the intersection of Owego Turnpike and Manley Road.
         The call came in at 7:52 a.m. Hawley (Company 9) engine and tanker was sent to the scene and Hawley Ambulance.
          Deputy Chief Eugene E. Krause said that the fire was confined to the chimney. Firefighters emptied the wood stove and removed the smoke pipe and extinguished the fire in the chimney with dry chemical once entry was made to the residence.
      There was no one home at the time of the fire. The blaze was reported by a passerby who called 9-1-1 and reported flames coming from the chimney. Krause said that there was no damage to the structure and the two dogs in the residence were moved to a bedroom by firefighters. There were no injuries.  Hawley returned to station at 9:25 a.m. Hawley Fire Chief Scott Mead was in charge.
      • calendar