PAUPACK TWP. - A resident of Paupack Township has been ordered to pay more than $2,000 to the township, after being found guilty of burning plastics on their property.

At the November meeting, Solicitor Ron Bugaj reported that, the resident was ordered to pay a $1,000 fine as well as a judgment for $1,164.50 after the board felt he was in “violation” of the township building and zoning ordinance.

Bugaj said the “one incident situation” was the result of one uncontrolled fire. Resolved in a judgment, Magistrate Bonnie Carney determined a payment plan so the township expects to be “paid in the near future.”
           

Supervisor Chairman Bruce Chandler noted that he and another township employee visited the resident “several times” after receiving “a lot of complaints.” From his visit, Chandler discovered the person had mattresses against a burning barrel, which he later burnt at night, despite being told not to and so, the fire company was called to the residence. All total, the man was burning rubber, plastic and toys that “stunk something terrible.” Chandler said he asked for “compliance and instead I got this” so the person “paid the hard way.”

The next Paupack Township supervisors’ meeting will be Thursday, December 14 at 6:30 p.m. at the township building that is located in Lakeville at 25 Daniels Road.

Editor’s note: More meeting items are covered in the next print edition of The News Eagle. Subscribe by calling Marcia at 570-253-3055 ext. 323. Thank you for being one of our readers!