[Editor’s note: This report is a summary of what occurred at the October 8th school board meeting of the Wallenpaupack Area School District, as provided by Administration.]
WALLENPAUPACK - Three Wallenpaupack seniors, Class of 2019, were recognized at the October 8th school board meeting for their academic success and prudent use of extracurricular opportunities. They were Phoebe Cykosky, Michael MacDonough and Rachael Tirjan.
Phoebe, the daughter of Dawn and Ed Cyskosky, has been very involved with WAHS band and marching band, SADD, the Local History Club and other activities. She plans to major in Criminology/Sociology at Penn State.
Michael is the son of Ann and Ted MacDonough. He is very involved with Track & Field, as well as Tech Club. He is aspiring to attend university and be a mechanical engineer for Polaris.
Rachael is the daughter of Lisa and Tim Tirgan. FBLA, SADD, Student Ambassador, basketball and softball are among her activities. She expects to attend Messiah College and major in Biology with a pre-medicine concentration.Enrollment as of October 1, 2018 stood at 3,011.
Brittany Davis was approved as a volunteer Field Hockey Coach. Corey Lloyd was approved as a volunteer Golf Coach.
James Kielty was approved as a full time employee, having completed his probationary period.
The following drivers were approved: (van) Arlene Current, Kayla Drake, Raymond Jeffrey; (bus) Warren Grabher, Danielle Lavin, Jeneen Odendahl; (bus & van) Jeanne VanAcker.
The following substitutes were approved:
Barbara Dyson - English 7-12, Family & Consumer Science K-12, Library Science K-12, Program Specialist ESL
Richard Flederbach - Elementary K-6
Shannon Hanor - Elementary K-6
Myranda Strada - PK-4, Special Education PK-8
Mark Van Acker - Social Studies 7-12
Anna Zieba - Registered Nurse
Lourdes Cardinez - Teacher Assistant
Tinya Engles - Secretary
Margaret Hovan - Cafeteria, Teacher Assistant
Roberta Lawlor - Cafeteria, Teacher Assistant
Joanmary O'Toole - Secretary, Teacher Assistant, Cafeteria, Custodian
Kristy Paroline - Secretary, Teacher Assistant, Cafeteria, Custodian
Ariel Rovinski - Secretary, Teacher Assistant
Seth Daniels - Custodian
Rosalie Lauterbach - Teacher Assistant, Secretary
Laura Reed - Teacher Assistant, Cafeteria, Custodian.
• Approved as guest teachers: Lourdes Cardinez, James Mancuso, Anthony Orolgio.
• James Diehl was approved as a Middle School Custodian.
• Margaret Hovan was approved as a cafeteria worker in the Middle and North Intermediate.
• Kelly McKean was approved as a cafeteria secretary for the School District.
• Aarol Lenz was OK’d as an assistant football coat (half-time). Katie Schlolenko was approved as an assistant swim coach.
• Sabbatical leave was approved for Lisa Holden, South Elementary School music teacher for the spring semester.
• Tinya Engles, Middle School custodian, submitted a letter of resignation.
• The school board heard a presentation by Diane Szader on Career Education & Work Standards.
• Ann Monaghan led a presentation about homeless students and what is being done at Wallenpaupack. There are about seven students at Wallenpaupack that meet the definition of being homeless.
The next school board meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 12 at 6 p.m. in the High School Library. A committee meeting precedes it at 5:30 p.m.