PALMYRA TWP. (Pike) - There was a structure fire at 102 Baniff Lane, Tanglewood North Community Tuesday afternoon in Tafton, where a man and a dog were found to be trapped inside when the volunteer firefighters arrived on scene.
The fire was reported at 1:47 p.m.

Tafton Volunteer Fire Department Chief Mike Miller said the first responders had to break the glass doors to get the man out. The man, according to Miller had “minor injuries” but he refused medical treatment. The dog got out safely.

Departments from Promised Land, Blooming Grove, Ledgedale, White Mills, Greeley, Forest, Hawley and Lakeville responded. Miller said the fire went to a second alarm tanker because of the time of day and the fire was going through the roof. He figured there were 50 to 60 responders on scene at one point.

The PA State Police Fire Marshal report stated that the fire appeared to have started in the exterior stove pipe chase of the house, and extended to the roof. The owner had the wood stove in the basement going at the time of the blaze, The fire was ruled accidental.
The house sustained moderate damage.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Fire Marshal Unit at 570-963-3156.